Sunday, December 19, 2010

Vegas Baby

Last night was the first time Eye and I spent the night away from Nainoa. Gasp!! I can't believe I actually did it! Eye had a Dan Band gig at the Mirage Hotel. Even though he is local he still got a hotel room. It was perfect because the hotel was only 15 minutes away from home.

Even though I have seen Dan's show a million times I really wanted to see the show this time because a very good friend of mine "Uncle Bim," as Nainoa says was doing back up for the very first time. I wanted to show my support to my friend and it just seemed like a fun night out.

Jim & Gene

I really wanted to take Nainoa to sound check so he can see Uncle Dan and Uncle Bim do their thing. We've been listening to Dan's Christmas album at home and Nainoa loves it. (I talk really loud over the inappropriate words)

Uncle Dan and Nainoa

Nainoa wanted to hold Uncle Dan's and Dadda's hand.

When we got to sound check Nainoa wanted to play with all the props especially the neon drum sticks. I had to pry him off stage. Thank goodness there wasn't a melt down. As soon as the music started he danced and jumped around. He loved all the lights. He was so good through out the whole sound check. All the guys loved enteraining Nainoa. He had so much fun and I had fun watching him.

Soundcheck at the Mirage.

After sound check was over we brought Nainoa home and put him down to bed. It was not easy. Over stimulation, over tired and a late bed time was not a good combination. After a lot a crying he finally went to bed. I started to question whether it was a good idea to leave him over night after such an ordeal. Eye was supportive and said it was my choice since I have never left him over night. The only thing I was worried about was the 3 am brrrmmm brrmmm. Was he going freak out when I'm not there to give him comfort? Better question, was I going to freak out? We both decided that we would make a decide after the night was over. The Lolos said to enjoy the night and either way they were fine with sleeping with the Nainoa.

The gig was great. Dan was funny and Jim was awesome. You couldn't even tell Jim had never performed with Dan. When everyone else decided to go to sleep it was 2:00 am. We had a great time. Do we go home? Do we spend the night at the hotel? Will Nainoa be alright when he gets up at 3:00 am without brrrmm brrmm? Will I be okay without him? After going back and forth I decided to stay. It was close enough that if something did happen we would be home in 15 minutes. I deserved a night out with my husband. Once I committed I was fine. I had faith in my parents to deal with Nainoa. After all they did raise 3 kids. I didn't sleep very well. I woke up every hour thinking I was home. We left the hotel at 7:45 am. I didn't even call to tell the Lolos we were on our way home. When I got home Nainoa's face lit up and he screamed, "Mammaaaa!!!!" Phhheewww. I won't bore you with the full run down of Nainoa's night. In a nut shell he did wake up and call for me at 3:00 am. Lolo transferred him from crib to bed and he slept till 8am. He was totally fine and in the end I was too.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin