Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Nainoa weighed in 24.5 pounds, off the percentile chart in weight. He is 28 3/4 long, 70% in height. Doctor says he looks great. His iron was low and we have to get a lab test done. Blech I hate that. There is a recipe in the book, Super Baby Food, that I need to make called Super Porridge. It is basically homemade cereal that consists of whole grains and beans. That will boost his iron for sure. Anybody have any good home made recipes that consists of lots of Iron?
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Nainoa is 9 months today! I can't believe that 9 month ago today he was almost born at home and nine months before that Eye had that clairvoyant dream! What a trip these 27 months have been. Nainoa is such a wonderful baby. I am so lucky that he is ours. I don't know how else to explain the way I feel about him. I just love him so much! Okay enough lovey dove. New things happening are:
- LOVES to practice standing. He longest standing on his own was 18 seconds.
- He is getting into eating. Fav foods are peas, sweet potatoes, oatios, organic puffs, pears and apples and of course his momma's milk.
- He wakes himself up at night practicing standing up. It seems like every couple of hours he is standing up in his crib, crying. I don't know what to do about it. Is it just another phase that will pass?
- His fav words are "DADADADADADADA" he can say "mmmaaamma" but he says "dadada" much more. He is so much more vocal these days.
- He definitely has separation anxiety. When I come home, say hi and leave the room to go wash my hands he has a FIT!
- Nainoa is down to 2 naps now. He goes to bed around 6:30 pm and wakes up at 6:30 am sometime 5am which really is challenging. He starts off in his co-sleeper then transfers around 11pm when I go to bed.
- Everything goes into his mouth now. EVERYTHING. But he still has no teeth.
- Nainoa is so happy, sociable and just so cute.
Eye comes home tomorrow! Lola and Lolo are going to galavanting since Eye will be home, so Daddy will be spending a lot of time with Naiona while I go to school and teach everywhere. Next week is our pediatrician appointment. I can't wait to see how many pounds he is now. I think he's slimming down now that he is more mobile. Sigh...I can't believe my baby is 9 months! HAPPY 9 months 9noa!!!
9 months before that
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
My new friend, Sofia's (cute one year old with red balloon) mom, invited me to a Valentine's party at Gymboree. Nainoa LOVED it. He had such a great time. I'm debating on whether to sign us up for a weekly class. $65 dollars a month is a lot to spend for just one 45 min class once a week and open gym times that happen during his nap time. I do love the fact that Nainoa can go off and practice standing on cushy mats, climb on padded stairs and interact with other babies his age. The sharing of toys that have been in other kids mouth kinda freaked me out though. I'm taking a free class this Thursday. If he really likes it I have to seriously think about joining. I don't know...is it worth it? Is it over rated? Is good for him? Hmmmm....but he had so much fun just look at him!
Before THE boy came Kiko was my boy. Kiko loves me and Haukea the other chi loves Eye. Every where I go, Kiko is there right behind me. Whenever I get down to play with Nainoa, Kiko is right behind me. Sometimes he puts his ball right in front of Nainoa for him to throw it. I try my best to give love to Kiko and throw his ball while I play with Nainoa. Here's a picture of Kiko waiting patiently for his turn.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
This past weekend we went to L.A. to visit Eye. Nainoa came down with a cough and we basically stayed in the hotel Friday & Saturday since it was raining. Sunday he felt better so we went to Marley's 1st birthday party. It was so good to see my old Stomp crew with their kids. I loved seeing the Stomp Daddy's jam with their sons. So precious. Happy Birthday Marls!
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Last weekend I went to LA for 2 short short days. There just isn't enough time to spend with everyone I wanted to see. Saturday I spend all day with my brother while Eye was doing the show. Sunday my cousin Kay through a 80th birthday party for Lola. It was so good to see all my cousins and their kids. Nainoa has such a big family on the Vidamo side! I loved watching Nainoa being passed around from family member to family member. It was so nice to have all of us there together. I miss my family.
The Golden Girls (Lola, Tita Fe and Autnie Baby)
The only Mommy friend I had a chance to see this past weekend was my BFN Rocky and Marley who is turning one next week. I can't believe it! It was so nice to watch our sons play. UGH I really need to make it happen and move back to LA. One day. I love how we both have big shades and are wearing our babies in Mobies. MISS YOU BESTS!