Saturday, May 14, 2011

Down Under

We made it!!! Nainoa did great on the long journey. He slept for most of the 13 hour flight to Australia. I have to say that the iPad 2 was a good purchase for us. It was a great tool and a very expensive distraction. It has been exactly a week since we arrived here in Gold Coast. Nainoa is already on his schedule. It only took him about 4 days to get on his regular sleeping schedule. Auntie gLo is here and she has been watching 9 while we are at work. She done an awesome job. This weekend while gLo was away visiting friends in Melbourne we had to get a babysitter! This is the first time we had to get someone other than family to watch Nainoa. We were really lucky to find Beth. She is an older woman who loves kids. She has loads of energy and knows just how to deal with Nainoa. The first time Eye and I had to leave him he was balling saying, "Goodbye Mommy, goodbye Daddy!" After we closed the door I started to cry! I never usually cry when I leave him at home with the Lolos but for some reason it felt different. He was with someone new and I was leaving him. It all worked out and I am so happy with Beth.

Nainoa is loving the beach, the salt water pool at the hotel, watching rehearsal and the show. I can't wait for him to see both Ivan and I at the same time. I can hear him say, "Hi Mommy!"

I feel really lucky to be here in Australia for the summer....well I guess I should say winter. I love waking up seeing the ocean. Even though it may get a bit colder, there is just something so healing living this close to the water.

Nainoa's birthday is coming up next week and we are trying to get tickets to Sea World. I can't believe he will be 2 years old next Friday.



Nainoa's favorite movie is Monsters Inc.



Rehearsing for the show.




Watching the sunset from Auntie gLo's room



He loves to float in the bath.



Nainoa loves the beach


1 comment:

Emma said...

It sounds like you're having a great time! Happy 2nd birthday Nainoa! Can we celebrate upon your return?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin