Thursday, July 21, 2011

Weaning and Independence



I have finally come to the point where I believe that we are both ready to wean off the brrrm brrrm. Last night I told Naiona that brrrm brrrm is only for when the sun is out before his nap. Since he has been going with out it for most nights I know that he doesn't need it to go to sleep. All of our babysitters have successfully put him to sleep. Since we only have 3 1/2 more weeks here in Australia I figure that we keep the nap time nursing, nurse on the plane back to Vegas and that's it. Done. We've left brrrrm brrrm in Australia.

Nainoa has been voicing his independence lately. "Nainoa do it" or "I do it by myself." We have been swimming in the pool lately with water wings. We usually go back and forth to from the jacuzzi to the pool. I usually get out with him and hold his hand down the steps to make sure he doesn't slip and crack his head open. Today he said to me while he was leaving the jacuzzi, "Mommy you stay there. I don't want Mommy." He is a big boy now you see and doesn't need his Mommy to hold his hand. "Okay I'll stay here I replied." Of course I didn't stay in the jacuzzi. I did follow 3 feet behind him and watched him get down on the pool steps by himself and swim out to the middle of the pool. He did really good for a couple of minutes then he turned to me and said, "Mommy come here, hold my hand." Big smile. "Okay Nainoa here I come!"

1 comment:

Emma said...

OMG no more brrm brrm??? How do you feel about that? I just told pema about your post and asked her if she was ready and she replied, "No. I'm still a baby." Well there goes that.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin