Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Midwifery

Today we went to one of our 3 midwife interviews. We had an hour consultation with April who was really great. She was a labor and delivery nurse for 2 years here in Vegas then decided to go into her own midwifery practice. We asked a lot of questions and felt really comfortable with her. After today I feel more and more comfortable with the idea of a home birth especially a water birth. I'm probably 50/50 as of today. I still want to talk to my OB to get his opinion and ask him my slew of questions. The more and more I research home births, the more it doesn't seem so crazy. I like the fact that April said, "Just because you plan a home birth, things might happen and medical intervention isn't a bad thing. You might have a really long labor, be exhausted and need an epidural or pitocin." That's the thing. You can plan and plan but you can't REALLY plan, which is hard coming from the most planny person in the planet. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, although my ideal birth would be a water birth, if I HAD to transfer to the hospital, I'm okay with that. I know that I have to be flexible. The most important thing is my health and the health of my baby. So in the end it really doesn't matter if his first day is at home or at a hospital, as long as he's healthy.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin