Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Brother

As some of you may know my brother had a severe stroke last Monday which is why I haven't posted anything for a while. They found a blood clot in his brain and had to do surgery to remove it. My whole family is in L.A. and my Mom is basically living at the hospital. He is still unconscious but showing small signs of improvement. He opened his eyes a few times yesterday and moved his right hand a bit. (His whole right side of the body is not moving due to the stroke.) I am trying to keep positive and strong for my family. The only thing that is giving us smiles and laughter right now is Nainoa. He is our saving grace.

My brother and I haven't been as close as I would like to over the years due to a number of things that I'll keep private. When I would argue with my Mom on different issues concerning my brother she would say, "You don't understand the love a mother has for a son. You just don't understand." Now I do. I understand kind of love you have for your child. The unconditional, forgiving, supporting love you have. I love my brother and I pray that he comes out of this stronger than ever.

Many of you have been praying for my brother and I thank you. Please continue to send positive, healing light toward him. I know it's working.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin