Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Hulk

My doctor said that when doing the show my heart rate shouldn't go above 140 for a sustained amount of time.  Dr. Bart also told me that I can do any physical activity that I did before I got pregnant.  Since my job is so physical I bought a heart rate monitor to see what my actual heart beat is while I perform.  My production manager set it up for me so that I when I go above 140 bpm, the alarm goes off.   I was so excited to find out at what point I would turn into the Hulk.  (If you haven't seen the 2nd movie, Bruce Banner wears a heart rate monitor because if he goes above a certain point he turns into the incredible Hulk)  I wasn't surprised to learn that I go over 140 in the show, but it's never for a really long time.  It kinda freaked me out the first time I heard it go off.  I felt like Bruce Banner trying to take deep breaths while I twirl my broom.   It's actually quite difficult to not Stomp like you use to.   But I know it' s best for the baby so I do a much less physical show these days.  Sometimes I feel bad asking people to cover me in certain places in the show, but in the same breath it feels really nice to sit off stage and watch the young ones work it out.    As long as I don't turn in to a green monster, I think I'll be able to do the show until it closes in January 4th.  

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin